We all want to be radiant on our wedding day, but realistically it can be really difficult to fit in a beauty regime between planning the ultimate party and also holding down your day job.
Well, we’ve got a few simple tips and tricks you can follow from the 6 month mark to make sure you look as fabulous and gorgeous as you’ve been dreaming about!
If you’d like to print this out and pin it to the fridge, just download a printable version here: Bridal Beauty Planner PDF
In order to look and feel your best, you should ALWAYS be doing the following:
- Drink LOTS of water and try to avoid too much caffeine or alcohol
- Wear sunscreen or foundation with an SPF
- Get regular exercise
- Eat healthy; avoid greasy foods & takeaways and eat plenty of fruits & veg
- Get a good nights’s sleep each night
6 MONTHS BEFORE
- Start a proper skincare regime of cleansing and moisturising. If you have concerns about blemishes or stubborn acne, consider talking to a professional dermatologist.
- Start pampering your hands and feet. Consider using a regular nail strengthener, and if you bite your nails, try your best to quit!
- Start researching hairdressers and make-up artists for the big day. Book your trials.
- Start gathering photos of hairstyles or make-up looks you like, and bring them along with you to any consultations. A professional hairdresser or makeup artist will be able to tell you what will suit your face and skin tone, and you’ll be able to come up with the perfect look based on your needs and taste.
- Get Fit!! If you can afford it, consider a few sessions with a personal trainer to get you started. Try adding some yoga in to your exercise regimen it’ll help you build strength while being excellent for relaxation! We are all on for stress free!!
- If you’re hoping to lose weight before the big day, talk to your doctor or a qualified nutritionist to figure out what will work best for you. Aim for a healthy eating programme that is sensible and realistic.
3 MONTHS BEFORE
- Time for hair and makeup consultations! If you don’t have a regular hairdresser or someone to do your makeup, try out a few different suppliers to find one you’re happy with. -Take pictures of the looks and see which best one works.
- If you can, treat yourself to professional manicures and pedicures every other week, to make sure your hands and feet are looking their best.
- You should now have an established skincare routine…after this you shouldn’t be messing around too much with products you haven’t used before.
- Make an appointment for your day before manicure and pedicure.
- If you haven’t done so already, book your hairdresser and makeup artist for the big day.
- If you plan to have your teeth professionally whitened, now’s the time to schedule an appointment (about 2 months out from the wedding). If not, try to cut down on tea, coffee and cigarettes, and consider switching to a whitening toothpaste.
4 to 6 WEEKS BEFORE
- It’s trial run time! Meet with your make-up artist to finalise your look for the big day.
- Meet with your hairdresser to test out possible hairstyles for the big day. Be sure to bring along any accessories, like your veil, hair clips, tiara, etc.
- If you are planning on wearing tan, now is the time to experiment with different spray tans and self tanners.
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Have your final haircut before the big day. Your wedding day hairstylist can advise you the maximum you should have taken off it’s usually just a trim.
- Exfoliate and moisturise regularly in preparation for your tan.
- Touch up your hair colour if it needs it.
- Reconfirm wedding day appointments and timings with your hairdresser and makeup artist.
THE WEEK BEFORE
- Have a leg and bikini wax, and an eyebrow shaping.
- Have a body wrap, or a back massage to relax the body and mind.
THE DAY BEFORE
- Have your pre-wedding manicure and pedicure. For a nice girlie day out, bring your bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law too!
- Pack an emergency beauty kit, don’t forget your lippie and pressed powder.
- Have a relaxing bath with some soothing essential oils to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Try to go to bed early! Probably easier said than done since you’ll be buzzing with excitement, but you’ll be glad to get a good rest before tomorrow!
THE BIG DAY
- Eat something! You might have butterflies in your stomach from all the excitement, but you won’t function very well on an empty stomach, so have a good, healthy breakfast.
- Take a moment to soak up everything that’s going on around you. These are memories you’ll treasure forever.
- Remember to wear a bathrobe or zippered/button-down shirt when getting your hair and makeup done. It’ll be easier to take off when you need to get in to your dress.
- Take a few deep breaths and enjoy yourself!
Download a printable version of this beauty planner here: Bridal Beauty Planner PDF