Getting the right wedding day lipstick colour can make or break a look. It can change a look from girly to vampy in a quick switch.
Brides tend to love neutral shades, but some like a strong classic look that won’t date. Either way it’s very important to choose a lip colour that lends to your complexion, and doesn’t compete for too much attention.
Here’s some of my favourite lippies for your makeup bag on the big day.
- MAC Creme Cup – a creamy light pinky nude
- MAC Patisserie – a buttery finish with neutral pinky tone…Absolutely Gorgeous on paler skin tones like Josephine in photo above.
- MAC Syrup – a pinky mauve with a lustre finish
- MAC Hue – a gorgeous nude with a soft pinky finish (make sure your lips are in good condition, I find this one highlights dryness)
- MAC Angel – a beautiful pinky nude that looks fabulous on fair/medium complexions.
- MAC Russian Red – a blue based Matte red that looks amazing on pale (Irish) skin types.
And yes, you’ve guessed it, I’m a little obsessed with MAC! They are renowned for their lipsticks, but I also love Armani and Chanel for reliable lip shades, but I feel MAC have the edge.
Don’t forget to get a matching liner and a pressed powder to blot away any excess oils as you party the night away!
Photo by Gary Barrett